We are always accepting applications for the positions below.
Recco Products is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran’s status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals. Due to the nature of our business and our registration as an ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) company, we are prohibited from hiring non-US citizens.
Reports to: Team Leader, Welding Department
About the Organization:
A Leader in precision micro-filter manufacturing, Recco Products is an independent supplier of aerospace-quality micro-filters. Collaboratively, our team prototypes, welds, machines, cleans, inspects, mentors and manages the production of fine metal filters that prevent wear particles and debris from compromising sensitive systems. From our fuel filters that keep aircraft controls running properly, to reducing pollution emissions from marine engines, our filters are a critical system component to Aerospace, Fluid Power, Power Generation and other industries.
We believe in Quality, Our Employees, Our Customers and True Partnership and are growing a culture that centers on these principles. In addition to on-site, hands-on training alongside manufacturing experts, we believe in growing our team members’ skills through internal and external training opportunities. We also offer competitive compensation and benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, quarterly bonuses for strong performance, a 401K retirement plan and team member appreciation events.
The Resistance Welder produces fine CDR welds of wire mesh or photo-etched stainless steel, aided by micro-video technology, according to AS9100 quality processes. Their work is essential in delivering parts of unmatched quality to our customers. As a team member on the filter welding team, you’ll work with experienced CDR welders to learn the quality-centered micro-welding techniques that have made us an industry leader for over 50 years. Through this critical role, you’ll advance your talents through mastering:
- Build efficiency techniques
- Interpreting drawings and prototypes
- AS9100 protocols and processes for quality
- Growing your talent by cross-training on other machines and operations in the plant
Location: Wayland, MI – Manufacturing Facility
Category: Non-exempt employee, full time
Shift: First (7:00 am – 3:30 pm)
Pay: Starting pay is $11.00 per hour, with insurance offered after 90 days.
Qualified candidates will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Must have at least 20/20 vision — with vision correction aides (i.e. glasses, contacts).
- Must be able to remain seated for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate welder using a pedal while seated (like operating a sewing machine).
- Attention to detail is a must, along with the ability to ignore distractions while working
- Use a foot-activated resistance welder to create parts.
- Perform designated operation per drawing/work order requirements.
- Perform quality checks on parts after completed.
- Setup and tear down shop resources as needed.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Use calipers, micrometers, gauges, optical guide and protectors to measure and validate the quality of your work independently
- Validate individual parts produced against customer specifications
- Learn Lean Manufacturing techniques to help the department eliminate waste and downtime
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to determine ‘better ways’ to service our customers
- Learn to peer-review others and provide constructive feedback for improving overall team performance
- Mindfully follow all safety procedures and protocols, including the use of protective gear and material hazards handling to safeguard yourself, your fellow team members and set an example our high safety expectations for new team members
- Take personal responsibility for safety and set an example of our high safety expectations for new team members
- Serve our customers well by meeting our attendance and scheduling processes.
- Communicate with dignity with suppliers, and team members.
- Develop successful inter-personal relationships with fellow teammates.
- Contribute to ideas and experiences that advance our strong commitment to Quality, Our Customers, Our Employees and True Partnership.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance starting on day 91.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonus.
- 401(k) plans.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Team member appreciation events.
Thank you for considering a career at Recco Filters. Have a look at these open positions and submit your resume below. If you’re a good match for our current needs, I’ll be in touch.Kimberly Stein
Recco Products, Inc.
702 South Main Street Wayland, MI 49348